Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Week 4 Leadership Reflection

 Week 4

This was a busy week.

Monday - meeting with local principals. This was good to discuss the current situation. Lots of discussion on the sports and planning ahead. 

Tuesday Property visit Graham Roil and Vicki visited to do a property 101. My next steps is to email Vicki in 2 weeks to get an update on the property.

This week I had 2 IEP's. Both were very positive and lots of learning about our students and their family needs was discussed. - We now have TA hours for (A) so I have got Pip to fill those hours. She is going to start PMP with a few identified students. Met the new SLT and the OT was present and extremely useful.

Funding: Valder trust application was put in. - Chromebooks, Readers

PLD- Trauma Informed RTLB - Had a zoom with Ally, Putere from the MOE and Rachel Stevenson MOE. We will develop some PLD with the whole staff and school to work on our Trauma-informed practises- this will cover

1. Develop staff understanding - noticing and what to do in the classroom

2. Student assistance and understanding

3. Community knowledge and understanding.

Discussed the traumatised students we have- ESOL families, 2 students with parents in jail, 2 children childhood trauma, 


Staff Hui- Modelling books- Teachers Inquiry - this was excellent - we looked at the slides and then looked at each other's modelling book - excellent discussion and questions.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_fKKCmxTq6ubyAKL-cGiv3L7YhzhF1p/view?usp=sharing

Whanau, I had Z's mum in - she is at breaking point and then followed up by a phone call that dad had flatlined the CDC referral. I will organise the Vinnies to do pastoral care. Had a good discussion re. Z withdrawing all the time. I will also need to have Z do a daily reading at school as it is too hard at home at the moment. 
K requested a food parcel and period items. (done)

Board. I had a catch-up with Kenney on Friday - I said we had done the funding application- Strat plan and AOV uploaded to the MOE; ESOL funding application in.

ESOL: funding application in for 9 students - 2 we may not get.  Whole school ESOL number is: 9 (10)- Hub and 5 (6) in the juniors - one quarter of the school are ESOL.

Wellbeing: Booked hotel in Hamilton next week so do not have to hurry over in the morning.
Running did: T=4k, Th=4k, Sun=6k, Walked M, T, Th.   
Enjoyed the last night on Wednesday of bowls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Canva

 see how Canva works - can put in branding etc and use that